Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Slowly

Things seem to move at a snail's pace these days. Work is work, as always. There's not much to mention there, except the seemingly endless barrage of projects, but that's nothing new. Kerry and I are slowly easing back into normal life, after months on end of planning, working and then "doing" the whole wedding thing.

I went out for a ride on Saturday morning. It was the third ride in as many weeks, but I figured it would be good to get out. I ate a big bowl of cereal, hoping that an all carbohydrate meal would digest quickly and I'd be on my way. A few hours later I got going. Within miles I realized it was going to be a long ride. I'm not especially good at exercising in the morning, but this was more than just a caffeine lag. My gut churned—the kind of sickly feeling you get when you're working out on a full stomach. I eased back, and cut the ride in half, but even going slow enough to let my near-nauseous state clear up still left me with that "about to bonk" feeling in my legs. I just couldn't push, no matter how hard I tried.

It turned out that half of the problem was too much food, and half was too little water. I drank about 38 glasses of water as soon as I got home, which made me feel better, but it ended up being a bit of a bust in the riding department. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some more miles this week and return to some semblance of "normal" on the bike. When that happens, hopefully I'll also have some more interesting posts :)

No comments: