Sunday, June 10, 2007

Holy Hot Heat!

I'll keep this short since it's getting reasonably late, and our office closet is miserably hot.

Went for the second ride in two days today. Normally this isn't noteworthy but it's been a busy last week and I hadn't been out as much as I wanted. Saturday morning's ride sucked, but I hoped I had flushed out all the crap in my legs. They felt stiff and slow on Saturday. Turns out my morning ride didn't do a damn thing, because today's ride hurt like hell. Not even the good kind of searing pain that comes from a hard ride, just crappy, "I just want to whine like a little b*#(@" kind of pain. Nothing felt right. I was either miserably hot in the sun, or getting weird chills as I headed through 19 miles of a solid headwind. Lame.

In the end it was 39.39 miles, at an embarressingly slow pace. Some highlights though:

• An old man on a Lark, sitting on the side of the road told me not to go too fast. Thank you good citizen, not a problem there!

• I watched as a lone Cheerio rolled across the street in front of me. I have no idea where it came from.

• Heading out of Rosemount into Inver Grove Heights is really gorgeous, and feels like you're nowhere near the city.

• I finally achieved a respectable "biker tan".

Thus concluded my Sunday ride. The end.

No comments: