Monday, June 18, 2007

Missing the weeekend

It's only Monday, but I'm already really wishing the weekend was here, or rather, the weekend had yet to end. It was a fun one, if not busy. Hung out with the old college crew (some photos in the previous posts), sent out all our wedding invitations, and had two family dinners. It was fun.

Sunday was the best, even while fighting off a nagging hang-over. Kerry, her mom and I went on a nice ride around St. Paul. We somehow managed to dodge the 30 mph winds, and found some shade along the river bottoms. It was nice to take in the scenery, and enjoy the views of the river. As we cruised back into St. Paul along the "bike promenade", aka Summit Ave, I realized that it was completely quiet. There was almost literally no one outside. It was a little eery, but felt nice with the warm wind. It reminded me of being in a small town, late in the summer on one of the bike trips I did as a teenager. I guess those are the days that we all frame in our memory to get us through the winter. Even if it's hot, it's worth enjoying while it lasts.

No comments: