Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Hot Out!

You need a pool!!! Or at least some air conditioning.

The hot weather has been okay for riding, except I've discovered that my stomach starts to cramp when I'm out for too long. Maybe it's too much water all at once. I'm not sure really.

The only exciting thing to happen on any rides in the last week was that I almost hit a pedestrian walking across the street. Half way across she noticed me and began running. I checked back to make sure I wouldn't turn into a passing car, found there were no cars behind me, and then started to drift out into the lane. I looked up and the woman had stopped running, and was standing 5 feet directly in front of me. I cut back into the bike lane and disaster was averted. Moments like this make me glad that I started biking off-road first. I don't know how true it is, but it seems like riding singletrack for a few years builds in those auto-tree-aversion responses that you don't have otherwise.

Other news? I updated my other site with some photos and (crappy) audio from our weekend up north.

That's all for now, more to come soon enough...

3 comments:

Nick Lee said...

Super cool. I feel like I just took a nice weekend in the woods.

Unknown said...

no more pink panter? so disapointed.

Gordon said...

yeah, pinkpanter is dead for now. the domain is still live, but my hosting is messed up. when i get some time to work through it i'll probably just transfer everything over to the gordonspictures account. the end of an era i suppose ;)