Monday, April 30, 2007

Coasting

We had dinner with some friends on Friday night. It was nice to get out and do something different. Their daughters had just learned to bike, and were showing off all around the neighborhood. It was fun to watch them, and see how exciting riding was for someone who had only been doing it for a day or two. To keep up with the kids, our friend had bought a new Trek Lime, which uses Shimano's Coasting Concept. I was skeptical the first time I read about these, but after seeing her new Trek I'm sold. For the recreational rider these things are genius. There's almost nothing to learn, and they make riding less about the bike and more about the ride.

Other random facts, stats and crap:

Saturday Mileage: 35
Sunday Mileage 21

Not sure how fast I rode either of these off hand, but I know that Saturday was a slower than normal ride. Oh well, it was good to get out and about and I learned Sunday that my body won't freak out if I get out of bed and immediately go for a ride. For some reason I had it in my head that I had trouble warming up when I rode early in the morning. Live and learn, right?

No comments: