Monday, April 16, 2007

Recovery ... sorta


Short post.

20.8 miles just to get the legs moving and enjoy the nice weather. Lots of peeps out in the warmth,and the highlight was a woman wearing her helmet backwards, with the little back-of-the-head-stabilizer-thingies stuck on her forehead.

Not sure how fast though... my computer is still on the fritz. Got a new one, but realized it has the same bracket that the last one had and doesn't fit my handlebars very well. This, I think, is what broke the last one, so I guess it's time to get a model other than the cheapest one.

In the process of taking off the old magnetic pickup I dinged the fork a weeee little bit, and I'm really hoping I didn't do too much damage. It seems cosmetic, but I'm always a little nervous when it's carbon fiber and not a form of metal. Metal just seems like it can take a little more abuse... it's the same feeling I had canoing in a kevlar canoe versus an aluminum one.

Finally, my route. Time for bed.

No comments: